Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Randy's Memoires - Chapter 1

The early years…
We met in high school; she took my breath away and brought me to life. What a ride. She was everything I had hoped for in a girlfriend, beauty, that sweet ass and one hell of a kisser. That first kiss, I thought I was floating on cloud nine, that one kiss was all it took. I was hers and she knew it. Mandy, Mandy Berman, the hottest girl in Cedar Park.
Life with Mandy was a roller coaster rush full of ups and downs and just when you thought the ride was over, whoosh you're off again. High school was a blur of Mandy. I'm still not sure how I graduated, I just know the whirlwind I called my girlfriend whisked me away to college with her and I've never looked back. I don't regret my life with Mandy, she was everything to me.
High school, college, Greek house, engagement, graduation… every moment of every day I spent them with her, my Mandy… my world. We moved back to CP to be near her family. Family life was important to her father; Chris Berman is after all the head one of the two founding families. I was marrying in to one of the main families in CP, the magnitude of the situation was lost on me. It wasn't until years later before I realized the importance of this family and my small role within it.
Mandy married me day one back in CP, I thought I hit the mother lode. A new house, a new diploma, a new wife, a new life… Do you know the old saying; a leopard doesn't change their spots? In Mandy's case, it was true. I thought I could change her, I had hoped marrying me and having two beautiful daughters would be enough to keep her straying eyes and wanton ways curbed. I would learn I was wrong.
Arik London, oh how proud a papa I was… a son, I had a son! Like most men I wanted a boy to carry on the family name. I know this town is all about the founding families, I'm neither a Berman nor a Cabrera, and marriage will only carry you so far. Here was Arik, my boy… my son, my London heir. We had a son… correction, she had a son. My boy, my 'London heir' is a Cabrera in London clothing… it didn't matter… I still love the boy. I don't care who his biological father is, he will always be my son… just not the heir I dreamed he would one day be.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:49:00 PM, Blogger Rhexy said...

This is FAB! And it really takes me back. I expecially got all misty at the sigh of little Sakura in the link that takes you back to London week 4. Hard to believe she was once a tot and now an elder!!

Nice work. ;)

 
At Saturday, April 28, 2007 4:16:00 AM, Blogger ASimWen said...

Randy is telling it like it is....I didn't realize Arik wasn't his...hmm...heh

 
At Saturday, April 28, 2007 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Hilarious! I love the writing style - I can really hear Randy's voice "...that sweet ass and one hell of a kisser..."

 
At Tuesday, May 01, 2007 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Ziese52 said...

Loving hearing the story from randy's point of view with all he knows now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home